I Should've Known

I want to write, scream and shout
But I'm sitting here with this doubt.
I hate you for what you've done,
But I love you for what you've helped me become,
A strong woman who will put her foot down.
My mind keeps replaying how you played me like a stupid clown.
You say I messed up, that I was wrong.
I knew what was going on all along.
I sat there night after night wondering where you were.
I should've known you were with her,
Holding her the way I should've been held.
Now I just wish you'd both burn in hell.
I should've seen the emptiness in your eyes,
But like an idiot I kept believing your stupid lies.
You've scared me for life.
How could you do this to your wife,
A woman who gave you everything?
But you just went out and sold our wedding rings.
I see how much to you this marriage was worth,
That you'd just throw me out in the dirt.
For the next man I won't be able to open my heart.
It doesn't matter how long we've been apart.
The way that I loved you I will never love again.
I still ask myself why did this have to end?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love Poems

I Knew A Man By Sight

I knew a man by sight, A blameless wight, Who, for a year or more, Had daily passed my door, Yet converse none had had with him. I met...