Abortion, Dear Baby Unborn

Dear baby unborn,
You came out of the blue.
I took a pregnancy test,
And then I knew,

My world turned upside down.
Inside I could feel you;
It made me smile,
But part of me knew I couldn't keep you.

You became my world.
I would talk to you hour on hour.
I grew to love you.
I wished the decision was out of my power.

See, I wanted to be your mum,
I wanted to keep you safe,
I wanted to hold you close,
I wanted to be the one you depended on.
For a second I thought I could do it.
I thought I could be the one,
I thought I was ready for it,
But in just two days you were gone.

You see, mummy loved you
With every part of her heart,
But Mummy knew that we were better off apart
Because Mummy couldn't give you the life that you deserved.

There isn't a single day
Where Mummy doesn't wish that she could reach up
And grab you back down to earth,
Place you safely back in Mummy's tummy,
And show you how much you're worth.

Smiling is hard without you.
I grieve for you every day,
But this was my decision,
I chose to let you fly away,

Fly away with the angels,
And look down on me from up above.
Understand my decision, baby,
Wasn't done through a lack of love.

I loved all that you were, with every part of me.
That will never change,
You will always be my first,
My baby unborn at 65 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love Poems

I Knew A Man By Sight

I knew a man by sight, A blameless wight, Who, for a year or more, Had daily passed my door, Yet converse none had had with him. I met...